Difference Between Native and Hybrid App | Native vs Hybrid App
This article will tell you about the difference between native and hybrid app. After the read, you will be able to figure out which is the best approach for the next mobile application development.
Many IT Companies face a common problem. What do develop –the Difference between Native and Hybrid App? Which will contribute to the success of an organization? And many more such questions. The answers to all such questions depend on factors like:
- Speedy development
- In-House development or outsource
- The objective of developing application
- Budget of application
- Features required in application
For a better decision making power, one should be well aware of the difference between native and hybrid app. Hope the information given helps you in selecting the best approach for you.
TABLE OF CONTENT
• What is Native Application?
• What is Hybrid Application?
• Why Native Application?
• Cons of Native Application.
• Why Hybrid Application?
• Cons of Hybrid Application.
• Difference between Native and Hybrid App
Difference between Native and Hybrid App
WHAT IS NATIVE APPLICATION?
The native application is a software/program that is developed to perform certain specific /particular tasks in a particular/specific environment or a platform. These native applications are built using software development tools for software frameworks, hardware platform/operating system.
The native applications can have the advantage of OS features and other software that are installed on the platform. Most of the native applications are compiled into machine code.
Features of Native Application:
• A high degree of Reliability.
• Simple and Fast Performance.
• Better User Experience.
• Supports both online & offline transactions.
WHAT IS HYBRID APPLICATION?
Features of Hybrid Application:
• Faster app development
• Simple and easy to maintain
• Cross-platform UI
• Integrate with a device file system
• Less expensive app development and cost-effective maintenance
• Single code management for multiple mobile platforms
WHY NATIVE APPLICATION?
• There are not many dependencies on open source libraries and platforms like Cordova and Ionic.
CONS OF NATIVE APPLICATION:
• Separate development effort for each and every platform that results in increasing the total development time.
• Each platform code will have its own release cycle and updates in native application which ultimately adds on to development time and exceeds the budget.
• Releasing same feature on all platforms becomes challenging because of the different codebase.
• Various set of skills required for developing and maintaining the same application on every platform which again adds to the cost of development.
WHY HYBRID APPLICATION?
• One code base for all platforms which means - write once and run anywhere.
• Single development team can build application for any platform including websites also.
• Hybrid Applications can be run on web-based technologies.
CONS OF HYBRID APPLICATIONS:
• For 3D, HD games, and other performance-centric apps, hybrid approach might not go well.
• Hybrid applications are dependent on different libraries and frameworks which need to be in sync with the latest platform version changes and releases.
Main Difference between Native and Hybrid App
Development Cost and Time
Hybrid applications take less amount of time in development and are also developed at a fairly cheaper price as compared to the native app.
Whereas, building a hybrid application means maintaining just one code whereas with native code you need an app developer for each platform.
Native applications are particularly built for the single app store and thus provide the best user experience.
Whereas, in hybrid applications, it is not possible to provide a good user experience with only a single application code for all platforms.
Native applications are known for having the best UI. So, paid apps are suggested to be developed as native applications.
Whereas free application can be developed as hybrid application. These are the main difference between native and hybrid app.
Native vs Hybrid App have their own pros and cons as discussed in the article. The decision about the choice of an app depends largely on the requirement of the organization.
After heeding upon the requirement options, it is advisable to work with the app developers, who will bring your ideas to life in an efficient manner. Hope you will get the detail information about the difference between native and hybrid app.
So after reading the above article on the difference between native and hybrid app, you must have got an idea which is better and why.
This is just a point of view that is being shared with you all. If you also wish to get a mobile application developed in hybrid or native then visit VKREATE or contact us.
Read More : Mobile Application Security