Difference Between HTML and HTMl5 - The Complete Guide
In this article of VKREATE, we will learn the difference between HTML and HTML5. Friends, if you want to go into the field of a web developer or website designer, then you should start learning Html. It is a basic thing to move forward in the field of web development.
If any person wants to become a web developer or design any website by himself, first of all, he should know about HTML. A lot of people say that to become a web developer, you must have a computer-related degree, but there is nothing like this, if you have the knowledge then the degree has no importance because not all companies provide jobs by looking at the degree.
What is the difference between HTML and HTML5?
Let us discuss what is difference between HTML and html5 one by one so that you will get a clear idea about both languages and it will be easy for you all to understand.
What is HTML?
HTML is a Markup language, where the full form of HTML is "Hypertext Markup Language". Html is most commonly used in creating web pages.
The website you are reading now has also been used using Structure Html language. Hypertext and markup are two different terms, whose definition is as follows:
• Hypertext links or combines two web pages within a single text. So that when a user clicks on that text, it will access it on the next web-page. Thus, the links available on web pages are called hypertext.
• Markup language is used to create the structure of any web page. Apart from HTML, DHTML, XHTML, XML XSLT etc. There is also a markup language. But Html is the most commonly used language
Features of HTML:
There are many common features of HTML, so let's look at all the features one by one to know the actual difference between HTML5 and HTML.
- It is an easy and simple language that can be understood easily and can be easily modified.
- It is platform-independent language meaning that it can be opened or run in any operating system.
- This provides the facility to the programmer to make the web-page attractive by adding graphics, video, audio, images, etc. to the web-pages.
- This provides the facility to add a link to the programmer on the web-page so that it can be easily moved from one page to another.
- It is much easier due to the tag being defined in it.
- HTML is not case sensitive language, meaning we can write the tag in capital letters or small letters, but it is usually written in small letters only. But some of the codes in this are case sensitive such as & nbsp;
How to Learn HTML
To learn Html, it is most important to have knowledge of Html tags. Html has many types of codes. Which are called Html tag? Which tells the Browser where and how to show the text written inside the tag in the web page. All these Html tags are already programmed in the computer.
That is why as soon as you give the command to the browser with the help of these codes, it immediately shows the language of these HTML tags and shows it on the web page. Although the list of Html tag is very long, some basic tags which are basically used are as follows.
HTML Basic Tags
1. HTML tag - <html>
2. Head tag- <head>
3. Title tag- <title>
4. Body tag- <body>
5. Heading tag- <h1>
6. Paragraph tag- <p>
7. Line break tag- <br/>
8. Centering content tag- <center>
9. Horizontal line tag- <hr>
What is HTML5?
HTML5 is the latest version of HTML that was published in 2014. HTML or Hypertext Markup Language is a language that is used to create a web page.
Many people call HTML as programming language which is wrong. HTML is not a programming language but it is a language that identifies the meaning, purpose, and structure of text within any document (web page).
As you know, there are constant changes in the world of technology and things are being improved from time to time. Similarly, there have been many updates in HTML as well, the most recent version being HTML5.
Some Important features of html5
We are providing some features of html5 so that u may know about the difference between HTML and HTML5. Some Important features are given below:-
<! DOCTYPE html>
Actually, did you know that this is not really necessary even for HTML 5? However, it is used for current and older browsers that require a specified doctype. Browsers that do not understand this principle will simply present the markup contained in standard mode. So, without worry, feel free to blow caution into the air, and embrace the new HTML5 doctype.
2. Figure Element
Consider the following mark-up for an image:
<img src = "path / to / image" alt = "About image" />
<p> Image of Mars. </p>
Unfortunately there is no easy or meaningful way to add captions wrapped in paragraph tags with an image element. HTML 5 improves this with the introduction of the <figure> element. When combined with the <figcaption> element, we can now combine captions with their image counterparts.
<img src = "path / to / image" alt = "About image" />
<p> This is an image of something interesting. </p>
3. No More Types for Scripts and Links
You probably still add the type attribute to your link and script tags.
<link rel = "stylesheet" href = "path / to / stylesheet.css" type = "text / css" />
It is no longer necessary. It is implied that both of these tags refer to stylesheets and scripts, respectively. Thus, we can remove all types of type attributes.
<link rel = "stylesheet" href = "path / to / stylesheet.css" />
<script src = "path / to / script.js"> </script>
4. Quote or do not quote.
Remember, HTML 5 is not XHTML. If you don't want to, you don't have to wrap your attributes in quotation marks. You do not have to turn off your elements. Also, there is nothing wrong with doing this, if it makes you feel more comfortable. I have found it perfect.
<p class = myClass id = someId> Start the reactor.
Make up your mind on it. If you like a more structured document, then, by all means, do it with quotes.
Read more feature here:- Click Here
Html 5 tags
The list of new tags included in HTML 5 is given below. These HTML 5 tags (elements) provide a better document structure. All HTML 5 tags in this list are given in alphabetical order with description. Difference between HTML and HTML5 tags.
Tag with Description
<article> this element is used to define an independent piece of content in a document such as a blog, magazine, or newspaper article.
<aside> states that the article is slightly related to the rest of the page.
<audio> It is used to play audio file in HTML.
<bdi> The full name of bdi is bi-directional isolation. It isolates a part of the text (which is formatted in the other direction from the outside text document).
<canvas> It is used to draw canvas.
<data> It provides a machine-readable version of its data.
<datalist> It provides auto-complete feature for text field.
<details> It tells about additional information or controls required by the user.
<dialog> This defines the window or dialog box.
<figcaption> This is used to define the caption for the <figure> element.
<figure> It defines self-contained content like photos, diagrams, etc.
<footer> This defines the footer for the section.
<header> This defines the header for the section.
<main> This defines the main content of the document.
<mark> This specifies the marked or expanded content.
<menuitem> This defines a command that the user can invoke from the popup menu.
<meter> It is used to measure the scalar value within the given range.
<nav> This is used to define the navigation link in the document.
<progress> It tells about the progress of work.
<rp> tells what to show in a browser that does not support ruby annotation.
<rt> This defines the explanation / pronunciation of the characters.
<ruby> It also defines ruby annotation with <rp> and <rt>.
<section> This defines the section in the document.
<summary> This specifies the visible heading for the <detailed <element.
<svg> It is used to display the shapes.
<time> It is used to define date / time.
<video> It is used to play a video file in HTML.
<wbr> This defines a possible line break.
Difference between HTML and HTML5
- HTML's full name is "Hypertext Markup Language" while HTML5 is known as "Hypertext Markup Language Fifth version".
- HTML is the first and first version of all its types, used in the creation of various websites while HTML5 is the fifth version of HTML which was introduced in October 2014.
- Only primary tags are available in HTML whereas HTML5 has a repository of tags, ie Variety has tags.
- The complete code of HTML can be written which will also know the basics of computer languages, while HTML5 is currently in progress and various additions are being made, for which it is necessary to have mandatory information.
- HTML codes are error free while HTML5 may contain some errors.
- All browsers support HTML code but not all browsers support HTML5 code.
- There is also a difference in the way these two work. The body of HTML5 consists of two articles whereas normal HTML has two post options instead.
- Vector graphics is a core part of HTML5, while some technologies have to be used to use them in HTML.
- It is not possible to determine the exact location of the person using the website at any given time using HTML, while the current status can also be determined on mobile devices via HTML5.
So hopefully, by now you must have known detailed information about the difference between HTML and HTML5. If you like this article on the difference between HTML5 and HTML please share this with your friends so that they can also learn this.
Read More: Ping Submission and Factor of SMO